- Both Cardio Tennis & TennisXpress programs will run for 8 weeks at a cost of either $96 for Waimairi members or $120 for non-members.
- NOTE: If you have a Junior registered at the club, you are eligible for “membership” rates.
- Please click on the above link to register & confirm your place.
- If you have any queries please email Megan at email@example.com.
- You & your friends are welcome, please pass on this information for registration, thanks.
- There needs to be a minimum of 4 spaces for each & a maximum of 8.
- First in, first served.
Tennis Xpress is a worldwide ITF programme catering for beginner adults taking a ‘serve, rally, score’ approach to learning. The programme is a fun, innovative way of teaching tennis which removes many of the barriers associated with learning the sport.
Using low-pressure balls, and focusing on playing the game, adults build confidence as they receive simple technical and tactical advice adapted for each player’s needs.
The aim is to get people playing the game quickly by using lower pressure balls, flexible court sizes, simple scoring and simple technical teaching, all which promote a successful learning environment where players gain confidence, skills, and have fun as they serve, rally and score!
So what will Tennis Xpress do for me?
– Teach you a new skill
– Show you how to serve, rally and score in just 6 weeks
– By the end of the course you will be able to have fun playing games or matches with your friends and family or other people you have met on the course
– Build confidence by using slower balls that make playing the game easier and more fun
– Give you a great workout while having fun with your friends and meeting new people
– Teach simple tactics and techniques that are adapted to your needs.
Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. It is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
In a 60-minute Cardio Tennis workout, women can burn up to 500 calories per workout and men up to 800. If you do regular Cardio Tennis workouts, you’ll feel better and your hand-eye coordination, tennis skill and fitness level will also benefit.
Participants wear heart rate monitors, exercise to music, use Cardio Tennis balls and a variety of equipment, including agility ladders. The workout is comprised of a warm-up, cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities) and a cool down.
Other key elements include:
- Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone.
- Participants can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis.
- Cardio Tennis is similar to interval training which is periods of high intensity followed by short periods of rest. Interval training is the best way to train for optimal health and fitness.
While participants are playing tennis, their focus is primarily on getting a great workout
The best thing about Cardio Tennis is that you do not have to be good at tennis to get involved. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before.
Forsyth Barr Winter Competition
Every winter Waimairi Tennis Club organises the Forsyth Barr Winter Business house competition.
The competition is played on Thursday nights with teams of four men, or women or mixed. Matches start at either
6:30pm or 8:00pm and consist of 3x 30 minute doubles games.
After every match the bar is open for refreshments & complimentary food is served.
Prizes are awarded at the completion of the competition. All teams receive a prize.
If you have an interest in entering a team of players, please indicate your interest to Huk at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be sent a competition information pack.
The competition Information Pack includes:
1. Form 1 Team entry form.
2. Form 2 Competition Rules and other helpful information.
If you do not have a team we can arrange to have you added to one, or you can remain a substitute to fill in for any team.
Substitutes are always required.
We would like to acknowledge the sponsor of this competition, Forsyth Barr Limited, investment advisors. We greatly appreciate their continued support of the competition.
Please do not hesitate to contact either of us should you have any questions regarding the competition.
Lloyd Russell President Ph 0274 730 829
Huk Hart Tournament Manager Ph 0279 481 848