Hi Members & a very Happy New Year to you & your families.
Our popular Adult programs of Xpress & Cardio will recommence early February for 8 weekly sessions. Our Xpress class has only 1 space left already, but we will expand it if there is the need, so why not invite a friend along to join in with you?
To register, please click on the appropriate link at the end of each description:
Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. It is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
In a 60-minute Cardio Tennis workout, women can burn up to 500 calories per workout and men up to 800. If you do regular Cardio Tennis workouts, you’ll feel better and your hand-eye coordination, tennis skill and fitness level will also benefit.
Participants wear heart rate monitors, exercise to music, use Cardio Tennis balls and a variety of equipment, including agility ladders. The workout is comprised of a warm-up, cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities) and a cool down.
Other key elements include:
- Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone.
- Participants can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis.
- Cardio Tennis is similar to interval training which is periods of high intensity followed by short periods of rest. Interval training is the best way to train for optimal health and fitness.
While participants are playing tennis, their focus is primarily on getting a great workout
The best thing about Cardio Tennis is that you do not have to be good at tennis to get involved. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before. Register here
Tennis Xpress is a worldwide ITF programme catering for beginner adults taking a ‘serve, rally, score’ approach to learning. The programme is a fun, innovative way of teaching tennis which removes many of the barriers associated with learning the sport.
Using low-pressure balls, and focusing on playing the game, adults build confidence as they receive simple technical and tactical advice adapted for each player’s needs.
The aim is to get people playing the game quickly by using lower pressure balls, flexible court sizes, simple scoring and simple technical teaching, all which promote a successful learning environment where players gain confidence, skills, and have fun as they serve, rally and score!
So what will Tennis Xpress do for me?
– Teach you a new skill
– Show you how to serve, rally and score in just 6 weeks
– By the end of the course you will be able to have fun playing games or matches with your friends and family or other people you have met on the course
– Build confidence by using slower balls that make playing the game easier and more fun
– Give you a great workout while having fun with your friends and meeting new people
– Teach simple tactics and techniques that are adapted to your needs. Register here