Club Open under Level 3
WTC will be open under strict conditions during level 3. It is essential that all members adhere to the conditions outlined in the email recently sent. If you have any concerns or issues please contact Graeme on 0276180055 in the first instance.
Good evening Club Members & parents of members,
we are thrilled to confirm that play at Waimairi can now occur in your bubble, while we are in level 3. Your Committee has been able to make this happen with the following conditions in place for all players.
NOTE: Access & use is based on the trust of members to adhere to our conditions. We have an on-line booking system set up, please read the guidelines below & click on the link to book. You cannot play if you haven’t booked!
PLAY SAFE guidelines for PLAYERS
Before you play
You must stay at home if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have flu-like symptoms
• Or are in a high risk health category.
Attending tennis activities
• Use the gate code to enter courts
• Hand Sanitiser is available for your use inside the gate and must be used as you enter and leave the courts
• You cannot play if you have not booked a court in advance through our system: click here to book. You may make only 1 booking per day for a maximum of 1 hour with only courts 2, 4 and 6 available. (1,3,5 and 7 will be closed)
• At Alert Level 3, play is only permitted within your family bubble. Players should not arrange to meet anyone outside of their bubble. This means no coaching or social play between members who are not in the same bubble
• Only players should attend – no spectators. When the walkway is empty, gain access to your booked court
• Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be do not congregate or stay at the courts after you have finished playing
• Take your own equipment, including balls. Do not share equipment with people outside of your bubble
• Shared areas like toilets, clubhouses, changing rooms and water fountains will be closed.
• Do not touch any fixtures at the club, including rails, nets or fences. Do not touch balls from other courts/bubbles. Suggest you mark your own balls! (kick or use racquets to return to others if need be)
• Be sure to keep 2 metres away from other people at all times.
ALL CONDITIONS MUST BE ADHERED TO IN ORDER FOR THE COURTS TO REMAIN AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS. COMMITTEE MEMBERS MAY VISIT FROM TIME TO TIME TO GAUGE COMPLIANCE.
You can find the updates for tennis activity at different alert levels here –
If you have any issues please do not hesitate to call me on the number below.