Senior Coach wanted
SENIOR TENNIS COACH
Waimairi Tennis Club is seeking to appoint a Senior Coach to assist the Head coach with all coaching at the club.
Waimairi is one of the largest tennis clubs in New Zealand by membership with over 400 junior members and 180 senior members.
It received the Club of the Year award in the Tennis Canterbury Region in 2019/20.
The club has a total of seven courts, four of which are Rebound Ace cushioned hard courts and three all-weather synthetic grass courts, at its central suburban location in Christchurch.
Six courts have recently been upgraded to LED lighting.
The position is a contract one with the club, with day to day responsibility to the Head Coach.
The successful applicant will ideally hold a Tennis Australia Club Professional qualification or equivalent and be familiar with the latest international coaching programmes and methods.
The duties of the Senior Coach will include, assisting the Head Coach to:
- coach in both Hotshot and adult coaching programmes including Cardio Tennis and Tennis Xpress,
- coordinate all club group coaching programmes including the club’s off site coaching programmes, year round,
- supervise a team of professional coaches,
- oversee the standard of coaching delivered,
- introduce new coaching programmes and initiatives for senior and junior members and non-members,
- carry-out an extensive coaching programme in schools, and organise an interschool competition.
It is expected that the club programmes will provide an average of 18 hours per week (Monday -Saturday) during the summer.
Organised winter programmes would also provide coaching opportunities.
Access to the club facilities for private coaching of members and non-members would be available, and provide additional income.
A competitive hourly rate will be negotiated to reflect qualifications and experience.
A level of computer literacy would be necessary (familiarity with Excel, Word for example)
A First Aid qualification, and NZ Police clearance will be required.
All applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Applications can be sent to The President, Waimairi Tennis Club Inc, P.O. Box 5354 Papanui, Christchurch 8014, New Zealand,
or email@example.com , to be received by 2nd August 2020.
It is expected interviews would be conducted in the week beginning 10 August.
For information on Waimairi Tennis Club please go to www.wtc.co.nz