Waimairi Tennis Club
Play tennis and keep fit over the winter!
Waimairi Tennis Club is excited to offer two great adult tennis opportunities over the winter…
Easi-Tennis is a fun, social, group programme for those who have some tennis skills but haven’t played for many years, and, for those new to the sport. Easi-Tennis is a short block programme developoing tennis skills in a learning through play model.
Players will learn and develop:
– Tracking skills (projection and reception skills)
– Fundamentals of forehand, backhand, serve and volleys
– Rally skills
– Connecting technique to ta ctical situations
– Basic court positioning
The end goal is for participants to be able to play a game of tennis.
Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. It is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout (The NZ Herald predicts it will be one of 2015’s hottest fitness trends).
In a 60-minute Cardio Tennis workout, women can burn up to 500 calories per workout and men up to 800. If you do regular Cardio Tennis workouts, you’ll feel better and your hand-eye coordination, tennis skills and fitness level will also benefit.
Participants wear heart rate monitors (where practical), exercise to music, use Cardio Tennis balls and a variety of equipment, including agility ladders. The workout is comprised of a warm-up, cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities) and a cool down.
Other key elements include:
▪ Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone
▪ Participants can burn more calories than singles or doubles tennis
▪ Cardio Tennis is similar to interval training which is periods of high intensity followed by short periods of rest. Interval training is the best way to train for optimal health and fitness
▪ While participants are playing tennis, their focus is primarily on getting a great workout
▪ Improve your tennis skills
The best thing about Cardio Tennis is that you do not have to be good at tennis to get involved. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before.
Bring a friend or meet new friends at these fun programmes.
For more information about these programmes, including schedules, and to register, please contact:
Senior Coach – Waimairi Tennis Club
M: +64 27 3333 745